The IP68 polycarbonate 1557 family
Our IP68 1557 family is available in eight sizes: 80mm x 80mm in heights of 45mm and 60mm; 120mm x 120mm, 160mm x 160mm and 200mm x 200mm in heights of 45mm and 70mm. Moulded in UV-stabilised UL94-5VA polycarbonate, sealed to IP68 and with corrosion-resistant M4 stainless-steel machine screws, the 1557 is ideal for use in aggressive environments where the housed equipment needs to be protected from dust, water or other contaminants. Rounded corners and top face give a modern smooth style. It can be used as a free-standing desktop enclosure when fitted with the supplied feet, or it can be wall-mounted with either four visible fixings or two hidden ones. PCB standoffs are provided in both the lid and base and optional internal aluminium panels give secure fixing points for heavier components.
1557 key features and attributes
- Eight sizes: 80mm x 80mm with heights of 45mm and 60mm and 120mm x 120mm, 160mm x 160mm and 200mm x 200mm with heights of 45mm and 70mm.
- Available in black and RAL7035 grey.
- Rounded corners and top face provide a modern attractive style.
- IP68 sealing is achieved with a pre-formed silicone removable gasket.
- The UL94-5VA flammability rating polycarbonate versions are UV stabilized for outdoor and indoor use.
- cUL and UL 508A listed to NEMA 4, 4X, 6 and 6P.
- The range can be used as a desktop enclosure using the supplied feet, it can be pole-mounted using a dedicated kit or wall mounted with either four mounting brackets for heavy-duty use or with two keyhole mountings when flush-fitting is required.
- PCB standoffs/ inner aluminium panel mounting points in both the lid and base.
- The top is secured with included M4 stainless steel machine screws which are threaded into corrosion-resistant bushings for repetitive assembly and disassembly.
The IP54 flame-retardant ABS 1556 family
The 14-strong flame-retardant ABS general purpose IP54 1556 family is inspired by the well-received IP68 polycarbonate 1557 series. The ABS material gives a lower price point for general-purpose applications than the polycarbonate used in the 1557. It follows the same modern rounded styling and introduces rectangular versions to accompany the square formats of the original 1557 range. White versions are also available as standard to complement the black and RAL7035 grey ones. Self-tapping screws secure the lid to the base, making it ideal for applications where repeated opening and closing is not required.
1556 key features and attributes
- Six rectangular sizes from 120mm x 80mm x 45mm to 200mm x 160mm x 70mm in addition to the eight square sizes of the 1557.
- The lap joint construction provides IP54 protection against the access of dust and splashing water.
- Available in black, grey and white.
- Moulded from flame retardant UL94-V0 ABS.
- Self-tapping screws secure the lid into the base, making it ideal for applications where repeated opening and closing is not required.
- Multiple PCB mounting standoffs in both the lid and the base.
- Fixings and four rubber feet included with the enclosure.
- 2mm thick aluminium inner panels are available as accessories for mounting heavier components.
- For desktop use with the included feet or wall mounting with either four visible mounts for surface mounting or two hidden mounts for flush mounting.
Optional internal panels for both families
Optional 2mm thick aluminium panels give a strong mounting surface for heavier components. They are available for all plan sizes of the 1557 and the 1556. The internal panels are mounted into the moulded PCB stand-offs in either or both the lid and the base.
To contact us to discuss a specific requirement, call +44 1256 812812, mail us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or click on the link at the bottom right of our web site to use Live Chat. To help you in specifying your requirements you can download PDF, AutoCAD .dxf and 3D Solid Model .igs and .stp files for all our products from our web site.