Strainstall has been designing and manufacturing hazardous area certified products for over 30 years. We have recently introduced Ex m (encapsulated) load cells into the range that can be connected directly to the safe area without the need for any additional certified interface, which greatly reduces the cost of installation and simplifies maintenance.
These new Ex m (encapsulated) load cells are for use in hazardous area zones 1 and 2, and include load pins, compression load cells and diapragm load cells. The advantage of the Ex m design load cells is that they do not need to be connected to a zenner barrier or galvanic isolator, making them cost effective and easy to maintain.
- Capacities from 10kgs to 3,000 tonnes
- Can be manufactured in various shapes and sizes to suit application
- Supplied with full environmental protection, ATEX certification and a certificate of calibration
- Simple to install using the installation booklet supplied
- Certification code: II 2G Ex mb IIC T6 Gb (-20ºC = T amb = +40 ºC) or Ex mb IIC T5 Gb (-20ºC = T amb = +60 ºC)
- ATEX and IECex certification
Strainstall also supply a range of standard load cells with hazardous area ATEX certification to ATEX EN 60079 and IECex IEC 60079. These include compression, tension and shear options and also range in capacity from 10kgs to over 3,000 tonnes. They can be manufactured in various shapes and sizes to suit the specific application and are supplied with ATEX certification and a certificate of calibration. Zener barriers can also be supplied to safely permit the necessary amount of electrical energy to pass from the safe area to the hazardous area.
Benefits of Strainstall ATEX/IECex Load Cells:
- Manufacture from stainless steel
- High accuracy
- Life expectancy of 20+ years
- Easy to install and use
- High degree of protection against dust and water
- Suitable for use in Zone 1 and 2 hazardous areas
- Full environmental protection
We can also supply intrinsically safe amplifiers and displays to provide a complete measurement system for potentially explosive atmospheres according to the ATEX95 norm.
Intrinsically safe 4-20mA in-cell amplifier
Probably the smallest in-cell amplifier available, the Type 7935 is a programmable 4-20mA output 2-wire amplifier which provides the additional features:
- Increased accuracy over traditional amplifiers
- Enhanced calibration capability, including linearization
- High level of EMC performance
- Small size enables fitment in almost any load cell
Note: this amplifier is supplied as part of a complete load cell.
Intrinsically safe strain gauge amplifier
Our popular DIN rail mounted strain gauge amplifier now includes IECex certification.
- Wide intrinsically safe classification
- Reliable and proven
- Compact efficient mounting
- Easy to use
For further information on our hazardous area products, please visit our website www.strainstallloadcells.com/atex_load_cells.html or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: +44 (0)1983 203600.