Compact, Engineered Fluid Dispensing Systems that increase throughput, improve yields, and reduce production costs
Nordson EFD Performus fluid dispensers offer manufacturers a unique, cost-effective way to increase throughput, improve yields, and reduce production costs.
Thousands of companies in hundreds of industries use EFD dispensing systems to apply controlled amounts of adhesives, lubricants, sealants, solder pastes and other assembly fluids during their manufacturing processes. By putting the same amount of fluid on every part, every time, EFD dispensing systems improve product quality, reduce production costs, and increase profitability.
EFD is offering the new Performus dispensers in eight different configurations—a unique, cost-effective approach that allows manufacturers to choose from a wide range of capabilities and purchase only those needed for their specific application.
Models range from the basic Performus I for manually controlled dispensing processes to the Performus VIII, a sophisticated air-powered unit that employs controlled air pressure and a microprocessor-based timer to make consistent, repeatable fluid deposits as small as 0.004” in diameter.
All Performus units feature a unique compact cabinet that saves space on crowded benchtops, along with an easy mounting system that allows them to be integrated into a variety of workstation layouts.
Depending on the model selected, capabilities include:
- 0-100 psi general-purpose or 0-15 psi thin fluid pressure regulator
- Teach function that simplifies initial setup
- Vacuum control to keep thin fluids from dripping between shots
- Digital display of all dispensing parameters
- I/O (Input/Output) connector for linking to an external control circuit
Nordson EFD can deliver complete soldering solutions and specializes in developing solder paste formulations to meet the most stringent application requirements, including:
- Fine pitch
- Enhanced wetting
- Low residue
- Lead-free shiny fillet
Nordson EFD solder paste is also ideal for:
- Difficult to solder surfaces (ex. Stainless Steel)
- Extended reflow cycle times (greater than 6 minutes)
- Gap filling and vertical surfaces
- Rapid reflow cycle times (less than 5 seconds)
- UV traceable
- Pin transfer or dipping formulations