Three Marshall-Tufflex cable management solutions have been used extensively throughout a re-developed school in Stockton-on-Tees, Northumberland.
The new Grangefield Academy replaced an old building on the same site, delivering hi-tech, modern facilities for more than 1,000 students. Three Marshall-Tufflex trunking solutions – Mono Plus 20, Sterling Profile and aluminium Bench Trunking – were specified to manage the large volumes of power and data cabling throughout the three-storey building.
Some 1,000 metres of three-compartment Mono Plus 20 have been installed in classrooms, which required a sleek cable management solution. Designed to fit within areas that may have trunking height restrictions, Mono Plus 20 incorporates one main compartment and two smaller outer compartments. It can be sub-divided and is suitable for dado application. One piece fittings allow for quick and easy installation.
Where larger capacity trunking was required, Marshall-Tufflex’s Sterling Profile in Charcoal was chosen, a popular solution that is cost-effective and easy to install. Tried and tested within educational establishments over many years, Sterling also offers three segregated compartments, with a separate lid to access each.
The final piece of the Marshall-Tufflex cable management jigsaw was the British manufacturer’s aluminium Bench Trunking installed in the kitchen areas of the school’s home economics facilities. Bench Trunking is adaptable, sturdy and easy to install, with dividing fillets making it ideal for bringing segregated services to bench top working environments. Including standard Sterling front plates, the trunking has a super smooth appearance and double end caps make back-to-back configuration easy. Positive fixing lids mean ease of installation, allowing cabling to be reconfigured at any time.
All Marshall-Tufflex products were supplied by Edmundson Electrical, Durham.
Marshall-Tufflex has just released a special 75th Anniversary edition of its popular product catalogue, drawing together details of important milestones in its history. The new 328-page catalogue will be available on the Marshall-Tufflex Stand 74 at the Electrical Design and Installation expo (ED&I) being held at the NEC, Birmingham, on September 6 & 7.
Marshall-Tufflex, based in Hastings, East Sussex, was an early pioneer of PVC extrusion and has gone on to cement its position as a dedicated producer of innovative, high quality and easy-to-install cable management solutions. The catalogue gives a brief overview of the Marshall-Tufflex history plus recently launched products, including:
- Cablelay: For use with Marshall-Tufflex Wire Basket, Cablelay protects cables and ensures the integrity of data cables.
- Punched Mini Trunking: MMT2 and MMT4 is now offered in a new punched version for increased speed and ease of installation. Secondary holes at the top of the trunking are perfect for mounting Firefly safety clips to ensure full compliance with BS 5839-1.
- Aluminium Power Modules: new to the Underfloor to Desk range, Aluminium Power Modules can be connected directly to underfloor powertrack via a tap-off. Available in 3.15 or 5 Amp; Standard or Clean Earth versions with 3 or 5 metre tap-offs.
- Pre-wired floor boxes: New pre-wired three or four compartment raised floor boxes save time on site as they are supplied wired ready for installation. Standard or Clean Earth versions are available complete with 3 metre tap-offs.
- Part M Spacers: for existing installations where Marshall-Tufflex’s ETL1WH main compartment cover is installed to enable compliance with the Disability Discrimination Act and Part M of The Building Regulations. Available in blue and charcoal as standard.
To order or view a copy of the new Marshall-Tufflex catalogue visit www.newcatalogue.co.uk
On the ED&I oche with Mark Dudbridge
Marshall-Tufflex is supporting the Electrical Design and Installation expo at the NEC, Birmingham, with a host of product launches and the chance to play against world-class British darts player Mark Dudbridge.
Marshall-Tufflex hit the bullseye with the announcement that it is sponsoring Mark, as UK Sales Director Jon Chamberlain explained: “Mark has been a firm fixture on the UK and World darts stage for many years and we are delighted to be sponsoring him. He has played alongside darting greats such as Phil Taylor and Eric Bristow and beaten some of the world’s best players, including John Part, Peter Manley and Ronnie Baxter. Given Mark’s tremendous darts pedigree we thought it would be a brilliant opportunity for visitors to our stand at ED&I to play against him with the chance to win Virgin Experience Days.”
Mark will be appearing on Marshall-Tufflex Stand 74 on the both days of ED&I (September 6 & 7). Visitors to the stand will also be able to see a full range of the manufacturer’s PVC-U, steel and aluminium trunking solutions together with its new underfloor-to-desk range and Wire Basket including Cablelay.